BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Look Better Organized

As a professional organizer, I not only value the task of organizing but I understand its ultimate return. For many people, decreasing the clutter and seeing a clear-cut space gives peace of mind and allows one to be their best self. Our daily schedules are constantly packed to the max, attempting to make time for everyone and everything. Our homes should be our sanctuary. When was the last time you entered a cluttered sanctuary? Never, right? Then why should your sanctuary be the exception?

Sorting through the old and the new things gives us all the opportunity to create change in our lives. Primarily, positive change. When we rid our environment of items that keep our minds in a constant chaotic state, we are then able to function in a state of ultimate clarity and direction. How many of you have a difficult time in the morning simply because you cannot find all of the things needed, in order to leave the house for work or to drop the kids off for school? If there were systems in place and/or everything was in its appropriate storage area - those frantic mornings would be slim to none. Ideas such as once your closet has been organized, lay out the clothing items you plan to wear the following day. Do the same for the kids. Choose a weekend afternoon to write out a breakfast and dinner menu for the week. This practice will take the stress out of deciding "what to cook?" or it could keep you on track with your health regimen, or even make it easier to grocery shop since you know exactly what you're cooking.

I have found that when I am organized everything in my environment and interactions with the world seems to fall in place. I dress better and my appearance is neater. My work is of greater quality and I make more precise decisions because I don't have to think through the clutter. Overall, I just feel better about life in general. People underestimate the power of a refined space. My mother always told me, "A cluttered house is a cluttered mind." Even in my adult years that holds true in my mind. Let's get organized friends! Let's better ourselves in the process!


Until We Blog Again.....



CEO, Organize N Refine

0 comments: